1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these
"Atrophied In Anguish", which will be available in September. At the
moment we are working on learning older material for our live
performances. Obscenity is activley booking and playing live around
Germany with plans to play in other parts of Europe in the near future.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it
differs from previous releases?
sound of old Obscenity alive. Since the line-up has changed you can hear
a clear difference in the song structures. The lyrics also follow more
"traditional" Deathmetal themes.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the new release
For instance, "From Heroic to Depraved" is a brief look into the past
from the first cultures to today. Of course the song shows my opinon of
it and how religion has perverted culture. On "Atrophied In Anguish" you
will also find a lot of typical gore/horror based shit.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
80th we were looking for a fitting name for the band.. we had some
different ideas, for example “Artificial Intelligence” or stuff like
that, and one day Sascha (drums) came up with this idea including a
final logo on a piece of paper.. he´s always a very horny boy in fact..
so the band name was born… I think the meaning of a bands name is not
always important for the fans.. but you have to give a name for a child.
Nobody asks a bout the meaning of the name “Michael” for example… it´s
just a name.
5. The band has been around for more than 20 years, what is it that
motivates you to kep it going very long?
activity. It is like expressing myself... thinking, living and feeling
in this special way. The band is a huge part of my life I spend time in,
and in every year of existence it will be more important than the year
before.. and so on…
6. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and
how would you describe your stage performance?
tour! We had a very good fan base at this time and we´ve learned a lot
by touring with all the other guys. At this time we had some single
shows, maybe 5 or 6 with the actual cast. But we have to play more gigs
to come back to the usual form and performance.
In 2013 we´re gonna plan to play more than only single shows. Thinking
about touring in England and playing around in Europe, because of our
new Booking Agency In Switzerland.
7. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your newer album by
fans of death metal?
a few ones and they are all much better than expected. In average ..ca
80-90 % and better… but we are still waiting for more to come ,hahaha.
But in common the reviews are all positive about the song writing and
the melodic solos. I think this is the most important point on AiA
beside the good production and the sound.
9. Are there any current musical sound projects besides this band?
Obscenity needs a lot of time. Writing songs, practicing, planning ,
interviews and so on. We all have jobs and that’s the main thing. So
there is no time for games like this…
10. What direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
further direction of Obscenity. We never gonna wimp out ! Always getting
better and mellower. We did not wanna change our style.. It is an
Obscenity Style !
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your
newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
punk, from Crossover to death metal or grind. But my fave style is the
Florida Death Metal style !
I love that kinda music mostly. For example Deicide or Malevolent
But it has to be melodic in the solos and a good chorus to sing or growl
12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
I like fishing and also Jörg does. Chris was in a paintball team, but he
has to leave it for the band.
Some of us are married and have children and this takes a lot of time.
Jeff is a big Fun Park fan. He often visits the Parks with his family.
Sascha is a Die Hard Metal Freak always listening to the Hard ´n Heavy
Bands of the eighties.
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Listen to “ Atrophied in Anguish” and