John: Infectious Hate is a French death metal band and we're from Paris.
2 A few months ago you released an ep, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical direction you have taken with this recording ?
Dan: We wanted to do a very groovy death metal mixed with modern sounds, many of our influences come from the 90's.
3.The band has been around since 2009 and the first release came out in 2013, can you tell us a little bit more about the gap ?
Dan: This is explained by the fact that we took our time to build the best lineup possible and it took us some years to find our sound.
4. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music ?
John: Essentially the darkest human emotions, rage, hatred, confrontation facing death, and of course zombies, and things that make us human beings despite all the aspects, even the most distressing ...
5. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Infectious hate' ?
Dan: Horror movies with zombies are not only realized for showing us gory images, there is often a real critique of society, despite the grotesque aspect :)
6. Can you tell us a little bit more about the masks and costumes the band wheres ?
Dan: We are wearing masks for the symbolic aspect of the object. In everyday life, we are all wearing a kind of mask. It reminds us how important it is to be as honest as possible with either same. Everything becomes more spontaneous, more radical, this is where we get our energy, our authenticity.
7. What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance
John: DEBAUCHERY (Germany) + FRACTAL GATES + INFECTIOUS HATE + TANKRUST
Dan: Yeah, I agree that it's still a good souvenir, a good performance and an incredible audience that night. I just had the regret that we had to find a replacement for Leo because he could not be with us this evening.
8. Do you have any touring or show plans for the future ?
John: we do many concerts in our area, we will play in small festivals, etc...
We advance slowly but surely.
9. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest ?
Dan: We're still an unsigned band and it is perhaps too early for that. We have to prove our talent in the full length CD.
10. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of death and groove metal ?
Dan: For the moment, we got 40 reviews, 39 are positive and only one is negative. People join our concept, they enjoy the production of our first try. The only guy who has not liked was maybe too destabilized by our mix of influences, he got a clear preference for the old school.
11. When can we expect a full length, and also where do you see the band heading into music wise during the future ?
John: We're right now in the writing of quite many songs in the purpose to record a full-length album maybe for the end of the year 2014 or beginning 2015.
12. What are some bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays ?
Dan: Now, the groups only recording 11 tracks by CD, and most of the time the music is boring. It's too formated.
Other groups make the difference thanks to the budget of their production.
Really, I remain nostalgic of the 90's.
John: Yeah, it kills the spontaneity and especially the generosity of the music.
Otherwise my last favorite band is Cattle Decapitation !
13. What are some of your interests outside of music ?
Dan: video games, movies, going out with my friends
John: same for me ! I am also passionate about motorcycles.
14. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts ?
Dan: Join the Horde !