1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
- To be honest, nothing much really. Every one of us is busy with day jobs or studies. The last remarkable thing we have done is a music video of the song With Love, which can be found in YouTube. However, we have bunch of new ideas and thoughts but so far nothing has happened. Almost every one of us lives in different cities so regular practice is challenging.
2. A couple of years back you had released your first full length album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
- The first album combines pretty well, what the band has been since the beginning to the moment of releasing the album. There are songs that have riffs and influences from 2002 and also songs that have had their final forms during the recording. Despite that, it is a solid set of pretty good songs.
3.The band has been around since 2002 and while there was a decent amount of demo's in the early years, between 2007 and now there has only been one full length album, can you tell us a little bit more about the gap in between releases?
- In the beginning we all lived near each other so we practiced almost daily and of course new material came up quite quickly. Between years 2002 and 2007 we have five recorded demos, of which one has never released (but that one can be found from our website wrtxband.com, hint hint). After that, most of us moved to other side of Finland so everything got more slow. After the latest demo in 2007, we tried to market the band to labels but since nothing ever happened, we decided to do the full lenght album by ourselves. Unfortunately, that took us few years.
4. The band members come from different metal backgrounds, do you feel this makes the songs you write stand out a bit more?
- Of course. We feel that everyone gives their own touch to our songs and that makes our music quite hard to describe. Our songs include textures from different styles of metal and rock but also something softer, and we think that just makes the music very rich.
5. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with their music?
- At first lyrics were just something that had to be done and they were full of teenage anger and clichés. For the album A Message Left Behind. Niilo wrote the whole story for the album and new lyrics were also fitted into some older songs. This album tells about all the greediness and wickedness of the world and it is combined with a twisted and cunning way to the climate change and population growth.
6. What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
- Our stage performance is definitely very energetic and very amusing. We also at least try to play our songs decently. We have done ashamedly little amount of shows and probably the most memorable ones are in a little bar full of friends and crazy metal heads, and one time that the juke box actually started playing during our show. We are not sure if it sensed how bad we are.
7. Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
- Not at the moment. Nevertheless, of course we are interested in doing some shows in the future.
8. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
- We have not had any contacts from labels even though we have sent our music around the world to dozens of different companies. If we can ever find a good partner for a deal, no need to say, we are very interested.
9. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of extreme metal?
- Actually some of the best feedback during the album A Message Left Behind we have had from Australia. All feedback gathered, it feels like the reviewer either liked the album very much or not, or they even did not review it at all. In Finland, the feedback for the album has mostly been average. Back in the days, our demos received very good feedback and two of our demos were selected as a demo of the month in Finnish metal magazine Inferno.
10. Are any of the band members also involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?
- Our bass player Niilo plays in a bunch of different groups, mostly rock or something more mellow music, soft shit and so on. Joni, the drummer, basically just beats the steering wheel of his taxi and us, Juhana and Tuomo, we do nothing. Despite of that we are dreaming of a new rehearsal room.
11. When can we expect a new album and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
- We have been thinking about making some musical changes, not too radical though. Maybe a bit more melodies and maybe something a bit easier to listen and play. Hopefully things go well and we have chance to make our next full-lenght album soon.
12. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
- The biggest influences come from different thrash metal and death metal bands from the 80’s and the 90’s. Of course the bands from the present that have given the biggest influence come mostly from Sweden and Scandinavia. However, it is quite impossible to describe it very precisely because everyone has so wide taste of music.
13. What are some of your non musical interests?
- Fishing, sports, relaxing, flowers, photo/video graphing and other quite normal things.
14. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
- Just listen to our music, watch the new video, and whether you like it or not, tell about it to your friends. And when the time is right and we have some shows to do, please be there and check us out.